The last year has been a challenge all around and we knew early on that holding face-to-face programming at the iLab was no longer an option. We had to go back and rethink how we could restructure our program to continue our goal to fast track healthcare innovation. The iLab team has been working hard to finalize what our program priorities look like for 2021.
As the pandemic persists, more people are still putting off necessary care. Direct dermatology access was an issue before the pandemic, but now with the nationwide adoption of telemedicine, our partners are looking for ways to offer dermatology screening access to their patients and members from the comfort of their home.
The iLab is now accepting Requests for Information (RFI) from start-ups with innovative Teledermatology solutions. In particular, we are interested in Teledermatology start-ups that will be successful in working to solve the following problems:
- Dermatology Access – Limited access to dermatology care for many patients due to lengthy wait times to be seen by a dermatologist.
- Tools to Empower PCPs – Limited tools available to a primary care provider to improve first pass diagnostic accuracy and optimal management of skin conditions. Limited tools available to triage and expedite higher acuity referrals to dermatologists.
- Direct to Consumer Offering – COVID-19 has created a situation where many patients have put off preventative care and are looking for virtual solutions to have areas of concern evaluated.
- Seamless Transition of Care – Limited tools to easily pass on primary care first level triage to a referral network of dermatologists.
Please keep in mind the following important deadlines:
- RFI Release Thursday April 1, 2021
- Confirmation of Intent to Submit a Response (5 pm ET) Monday April 12, 2021
- Questions Due from Potential Companies by Email Friday April 16, 2021
- RFI Due to iLab (5 pm ET) Friday April 23, 2021
- Finalist Interview and Presentations May 3 – 21, 2021
The iLab has a team of experts across our partners that can help to refine your product, workflows, and plans for insurance coverage. If your product solves any of these problems, please submit your response to the RFI to be considered for our 2021 Teledermatology program offering.
We ask you to thoroughly review the RFI requirements and to download and submit the Teledermatology Questionnaire to Kim Ireland at firstname.lastname@example.org.